Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pasadena Picnic


It poured on the picnic today. Everyone got drenched. Since we have not seen rain here 10 months, the only umbrella we had in the car was the beach umbrella. Everyone laughed, but it was large enough to fit 5 people under. We let Val know that we indeed want to adopt Yu-Lin, and we brought a stack of paperwork that had originally been sent to Bal Jagat. Homestudy, medicals, financials all need to be redone. It seems daunting. On one of the questionnaires they ask “what stresses you out the most about adoption” and I had to say, the paperwork and having to rely on other people to do their part, the social workers, Immigration, everyone…it’s the control freak part of me.


Through the warm rain, little girls who had been adopted, mostly from China were running around the playground. Alex was looking at them with sad faces, and suddenly we thought “uh oh.” I pulled Alex aside to ask if seeing the little girls made him think maybe he didn’t want a sister. He looked at me and said, “no Mommy, seeing the little girls makes me feel like I want my sister to be home now. I’m sad that she is not here.”

No comments: