Saturday, March 15, 2008

The End and the Beginning....


Of all of the photos we received earlier this week, this one is the one that I keep going back to. It is a photo of Yu-Lin holding the scrapbook I sent before Christmas with pictures of us as an introduction. I ID'd everyone in the family in English and in Mandarin. Although I'm told she it has been explained to her for months that she will be adopted and going to America, I can only think that when they brought her to Tainan for her checkup a week or so ago, that is when they sat her down and gave her the book and truly explained what was about to take place. I keep looking at the photo, looking at her eyes and can't help but think that after the photo was snapped there were a lot of tears. Our joy is her fear. Five years old and everything and everyone she knows is about to disappear.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will be so blessed to have you guys as her family. You have taken so much effort to make her comfortable..sure it maybe rough in the beginning. But I think you are a strong enough mom to realize that and so caring that she will fall in love with all of you very soon.